Good News! We will be resuming in-person classes July 6th in Webster and July 7th in Galway as part of New York States reopening phases.
This session in Webster will run from July 6th to August 31st. However, the class times have changed. Classes will be shortened from 6pm to 7pm and rates have been adjusted accordingly. The website calendar has been updated to reflect these changes. It is possible classes will be extended at a later date. Please register for the next session at http://www.ci.webster.ny.us/104/Parks-Recreation
The summer session in Galway will be outdoors, weather permitting, July 7th - September 3rd. Classes will be run from 7pm to 8pm. We do not yet have a determination on resuming classes in the school once the school year begins.
It is possible that classes will be suspended again and will will act accordingly.
Our schedule will continue to list the Virtual Dojo Classes in the event in-person training is once again suspended or weather does not permit outdoor training.
It is important to know that Webster Parks & Recreation personnel, Galway Central School personnel, and all Golden Eagle Martial Arts instructors will be following all necessary guidelines and recommendations as put forth by the CDC to limit exposure and mitigate health risks.
There will be additional instructions given in class. However, upon arrival the following changes will be effective immediately:
1. All Students, Instructors, parents and caregivers are required to wear a mask before entering the Webster Parks and Recreation facility and Galway Central Schools (when applicable) as well as during class.
2. Webster Parks & Recreation has provided us with disinfectant spray and hand sanitizer.
3. The Galway Dojo will provide disinfectant spray and hand sanitizer.
4. All students will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to the beginning of class, once during class break and at the end of class.
5. We will be practicing Social Distancing; staying at least 6 feet apart from one another.
6. We are implementing a “no contact – no touch” policy for all students and instructors. Do not touch any other person in the dojo.
7. If you do not feel well, have a fever, have cold symptoms or think you’re sick do not come to class.
Although it’s unfortunate that we must modify class instruction, these modifications allow us the opportunity to get back together in the dojo.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you again!
Announcement by Shihan Chris