- Arrive early so class may begin on time. Use the extra time to warm up and stretch.
- A uniform (gi) is required for rank tests (Rok Kyu and up). Full uniforms are to be worn in class, tournaments, demonstrations, etc. unless otherwise directed by the chief instructor.
- You may bring beverages to the class (i.e. water, juice, etc.). Place your beverage containers to the side with your belongings - DO NOT bring them into the training area.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed before class and no smoking in the dojo.
- Remove your shoes prior to entering the training area (dojo). Do not walk in the training area with shoes on.
- All students are expected to be neat and clean at all times during training.
Bow when entering and leaving the dojo.
- Bow when stepping into and out of the training area.
- Bow before and after working with a partner.
- Respect is to be given to all upper ranks.
- The words "Sir" or "Sensei" are to be used when addressing instructors.
- Permission is required from the instructor for: late class entry, dismissal, timeout, restrooms, and leaving.
- NO talking in class without permission.
- Horseplay will be promptly and strictly dealt with.
- NO running in the halls.
- NO Jewelry is to be worn in class, i.e. earrings, rings, belt buckles, etc. unless they are completely concealed and secured.
- NO gum chewing in class.
- Long hair should be pulled back into a ponytail or braid.
- NO sparring without proper safety equipment and supervision by the instructor.
- NO using equipment without permission from an instructor.
- Toenails and fingernails are to be properly trimmed to prevent injury to yourself or training partner(s).
- All guests ARE subject to ALL the rules.